The museum collection consists of rare early American decorative arts. Winterthur also has a research library that serves as an academic center for American art and culture that reaches out internationally.
|Skunk cabbage gives birth to cabbage patch kid, Henry|
Winterthur consists of almost 1,000 acres of land with an overwhelming amount of trees and plants.
The team completed a broad range of small and large projects serving beside and learning from the horticultural staff such as:
- Pruning, watering, and mulching of over 500 trees on the land
- Planting several new trees and approximately 250 native plants
- Landscaping 75 acres of the land
- Removing and chipping dead trees
- Clearing unwanted brush and invasive species
- Construct, repair, and restore the irrigation system which is invaluable for Winterthur to function properly
- Restored numerous streambeds and banks on the Winterthur property; part of this required utilizing the wood chipper to remove debris
- Painting/sanding signs and fences, building/restoring almost 9 miles of fences
- Painting and installing communication poles
- Demolishing a rotted, unsafe pavilion for the public
We got green thumbs
|Raven 1 got their green thumbs in Winterthur, DE|
Emily and Maddi use weed wrenches to remove roots and weeds from the garden.
|Raven 1 poses for a team photo at Winterthur Museum and Country Estate in Delaware. |
|Cassie from Raven 1 does chainsaw work on her birthday|